View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 06:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
TheGasper
FitDay Member

Default A Young Girl Having a Hard Time.

Hi everyone. First time posting on the forums so I'm trying to mind my manners, etc. I am 5'9'' and currently 294 pounds (lost six in about a week.) 44 BMI. When I hit that 300 mark I... I couldn't help but cry. It was such a terrible moment in my life. I couldn't believe what was happening. My boyfriend has always loved me for me and even ENJOYS me being overweight. He was definitely an enabler but at the same time, he would scold me if he thought I was eating wrong, so it started to hurt me after a while.
I've changed my lifestyle for the better, but I still feel discouraged.
I try to stay under 2000 calories a day.
Sometimes that changes to under 2400 calories a day.
I eat fruits, veggies, very little pasta, one cup of meat a day, oats and sometimes I may drink a 190 calorie slimfast chocolate shake.
I know I'm losing a lot of weight due to the fact that my calorie intake for being my height and weight to maintain weight is around 3000. But how am I losing a pound a day? Wouldn't I have to reduce my calories to almost nill to do that? I am sedentary, that's why I'm wondering (I have a severe chest condition and working out is terrible for me, so that's why I just switched to less calories.)

Any thoughts?
TheGasper is offline   Reply With Quote