Notices

My diet plan

Old 02-06-2013, 03:45 AM
FitDay Member

Question My diet plan

Hey guys, my name is Hunter Ellis. I'm 18 years old and currently attend High School as a Senior.

I started my diet about 3 months ago and have lost 60lbs so far which is very encouraging.

Lately I have been struggling to get a solid plan down, but I think I've finally got it sorted out. I would greatly appreciate it if you would look over and critique my plan.

I know it's not ideal, but I am limited in some areas because of things like having to eat lunch at school.

I'm currently 6ft 2in and 287 pounds.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:27 AM
Super Moderator

What is a warmup meal? Looks pretty good. Very low on calories but if you can stick to it without being hungry, then that's a plus
Old 02-06-2013, 11:02 AM
FitDay Member

Oh haha, the warm up meal is like a "dinner" that you put in the microwave and heat up. Like the healthy frozen dinners you can buy from walmart.

Since I've been on my diet for a few months, this amount is nothing new. My dietitian put me on a 1500 calorie diet, but I just happen to always eat less than that.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:41 AM
FitDay Member

Hey, im new on this forum but i hope im not stepping on anybody's toes
It looks pretty good however imo i would increase the number of calories. i know you've been going at it for a few months but 1300 cals can become quite unsustainable long term. also when your weight plateaus which is likely to happen, you will have not many cals to play with because they've been taken down to a low ammount from the start. maybe increase the amount of fruit you are consuming? in terms of the warm up meal, i would completely erase it and replace it with something a bit more alive like a bean salad or something of the like.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:33 PM
FitDay Member

Yah the warmup meal isn't exactly ideal. But I'm no cook and it has to be portable enough for me to throw into my bookbag and take to school. If you can give me a (some) simple recipe(s), I would gladly give it a shot!
Old 02-07-2013, 12:50 PM
FitDay Member

Good for you, Hunter! You should be proud of yourself for your dedication in sticking to your plan.

But do consider eco's advice to add in a few more calories at this point.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:32 PM
FitDay Member

NIce to see .....you have done a great job Hunter !! losing 60lbs is not a joke at all !!
Old 03-04-2013, 11:15 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Cut the wheat

I recently read Wheat Belly - fascinating reading. Many on here may disagree, but I've been following a Paleo diet for the last 4 weeks and have had great results. Here is my typical no-cook lunch (which I need to pack every day):

1 Boiled Egg
1 Tanka Bar (natural bison and cranberry pemmican)
1 Banana (more carbs than I should, but I like a little natural sugar)
1 oz of Unsalted Cashews or Almonds

Occasionally add in a carrot or two, or some green pepper slices.

Just about anything that you get that is processed is going to be a bad choice. Look at the ingredients - any dairy, soy, sugars, whey.

One of the benefits of a high protein/low carb diet (with no grains, dairy or sugars) is that I am not hungry at all. Light exercise 3-4 times a week and showing some good results. Everyone has their own path, but I would encourage reading the book Wheat Belly and reconsider including wheat products of any kind in your diet.

Good luck and continued success!

Phil