View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 11:49 PM   #122 (permalink)
Mern
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robingen View Post
Thanks to Mern for being my support and inspiration over my cheezie binge. I wish I could say it was because I felt bad but I think it's because they were in the house.
Dang, girl! Just take advantage of the benefit of the doubt and allow us to think the cheezie binge WAS from feeling bad. Kudos on the calorie restraint and on the green smoothie and green tea. All those are something to crow about. I am like you--avoid meds as much as possible, but will accept them if needed. My old doctor wanted to put me on statin medication for high cholesterol and when she would not respect my wish for help without meds, I switched doctors. Apparently my new doctor is more educated because she helped me get both my cholesterol and blood sugar down to normal without meds. I've heard of steroids being used for eyes, but am not familiar with it. Thanks for clarifying that. I hope your vision clears before you have to use the steroids you'd rather be able to do without. Aw, what a nice DH will drive you to work. I don't understand how people can get along without driving either. The nearest public bus line to me is about four miles--long walk. I count my blessings that I don't work outside the home and that I have my own car. We have one taxi service, but I've never had to use it. We don't have school busses, either, so I have to drive my three grandchildren I supervise at my own home to and from two different schools. Next year I'll have one in high school, one in middle school, and one in elementary school. No school busses for high school students at all. Some kids younger than in high school have busses if they're being picked up from their own home which is more than two miles from school. (We are 1.4 miles from the elementary school and 1.8 miles from the middle and high schools.) They will not pick the children up from a sitters, a relative's home, a friend's home, a day care center no matter what the distance. Child care providers who have children of their own who are eligible and who want to ride the bus must drive the other children they take care of to school. Crazy, isn't it?
Weight 3/26/2014 223.4
Current weight 4/4/2014 221.2
Mern is offline   Reply With Quote