Thread: 30 Day Shred...
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 01:11 AM   #10 (permalink)
almeeker
FitDay Member

So after reading this thread a few days ago, I happened upon the DVD on sale for $8, and thought "Why not?". I need to mix it up anyway, this seemed like a cheap way to do it. So I put it in the DVD player on Monday morning, and run through it like it's nothing. My normal workout is 10-15 minutes of stretching and an hour on the elliptical. I feel good afterward, skip my stretching and jump on the elliptical and go wild for the entire hour. Tuesday morning I wake up with thighs afire, but again I do the shred because it warmed me up really well for the elliptical and I typically work sore muscles to get the kinks out. After the shred I do full out on the elliptical and get the highest revolutions I've ever seen on that machine! Whoo hooo hoooo!!! Well now I'm sitting here and I can hardly move, I'm cold and seized up from my gluts through my calves, when I post this message and go upstairs to put the kiddies to bed, it's quit possibly going to bring tears to my eyes. I have no idea what makes that workout so hard, but there it is. I don't know if I can face the shred tomorrow, we'll see. Right now I'm thinking that if it makes me cry to bend over and put my shorts on I may have to give self the day off.
almeeker is offline   Reply With Quote