View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 06:38 PM   #83 (permalink)
bojibridge
FitDay Member

Krystal - so much congratulations on your new job! Colorado looks to be a beautiful place, and I hope you settle in quickly.

Mern - The problem with over treating the lows is that my blood sugar then skyrockets, which makes sense, since I ate way more carbs than I needed for the lows. The problem was kind of that it went low, and I could sort of explain why that one happened, but then I randomly went low again later in the evening, and I was worried about going to bed and then dropping low again, since I have no reason why it did it a second time. In any case, I went to bed way high because of it. Now, I'm treating my second low for the day, and I almost never get them mid afternoon So annoying. I mean, I'm working out more, but I've been changing my insulin levels as I go along, so I'm not sure why they would all of a sudden be out of whack. Drinking water DOES decrease blood sugar - which makes sense, because if you've got more fluid in your blood stream, the sugar concentration will go down. But I haven't been drinking excessively more water than normal. Anyway, it's not like I haven't had weird things like this happen before. I'll just have to ride it out, keep adjusting, and try to stick with calorie limits as much as I can.

Nice weigh-in, Mern, by the way - I see you peeking at it, down in there in your signature!

Starting weight: 192.0 lbs (6/19/2011)
Lowest weight: 154.6 (6/25/2012)
Current weight: 164.4 lbs (10/28/2013)
Total lost: 27.6 lbs
Goal: 132 lbs
bojibridge is offline   Reply With Quote