View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 02:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
jonjaxmom
FitDay Member

Your stats sound similiar to mine when I started in Dec 2011. Girl, you GOT THIS! I'm within a couple pounds of my goal, and the changes I've made to my diet and way of looking at my life are now just a part of me. I've battled my weight since putting on the college 15+ and at 43 years old, realized that enough was enough.

I'm definitely here for you. If you go into the thread who's got 10-15 pounds to goal, you will see I post in there alot, so you will see that I've struggled along the way, and made some strides at other times too.

Its not always easy. But chip away. Little things, little changes. substitute small things in your meals, like replace your mashed potatoes with brown rice. And measure it. replace cream with almond milk in your coffee. No more soda, or drop it down to 2 cans a week but diet. Instead of chips and salsa, how about cucumbers or cut up peppers and salsa (your body craves the crunch not the chip!!) replace the mayo in your tuna fish with salsa instead. Want pizza? Eat a slice, but fill up on salad with it. LIttle things will reduce your daily caloric intake by 200-300 calories a day. Add a couple days a week of workouts and you'll drop a pound every week or two.

Good luck. You can do this. Never stop swimming!
Current wt 143 lbs.
Goal wt. 140 lbs
jonjaxmom is offline   Reply With Quote