View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 11:02 AM   #74 (permalink)
Mern
FitDay Member

Cassie! Are you and your loved ones and property all OK following the tornado sirens going off?

I'll catch up with the rest of you later.

Wednesday Report:
Day 3 of 21 Day Mindset Makeover

The past two days I didn't make my fiber goal, which is usually no problem at all. When I thought back I remember that whereas my last snack of the day had been or included a 6g fiber low carb protein shake, the past two nights I had 4 oz. chicken breast which is still great protein for but 0g fiber. So all I need to do is to be sure to get in all my fiber before my last snack. Easy peasy!

Wednesday Report
Day 3 of 21 Day Mindset Makeover

Giving myself a BIDIA (But I Did It Anyway) award because I gave up (after I had already cooked it) my mashed cauliflower and cheese I had planned with last night's dinner in favor of low carb black soybeans when I saw the broc and cauli would put me over my carb limit for the day.

Calorie range 1200-1800 1404, 1212, 1223
Follow 21 Day Mindset Makeover guidelines for meal and snack content and spacing, calories, fat, etc. with my health management tweaks. B+, YES, YES
Saturated fat 10% or less of total calories 14%, 7%, 10%
Cholesterol 250mg or less 155mg, 140mg, 202mg
Protein minimum 100g (plan is has unlimited protein) 110g, 115g, 124g
Net carb limit average 25g (total carbs less fiber) 27g, [color="green"]25g, 24g /COLOR]
Dietary fiber minimum 25g 40g, 21g, 23g
Water 64 oz. YES, YES, YES
Exercise 5 days ONE. DAY OFF, TWO

Thursday's planned and pre-logged menu:

Breakfast: mashed broccoli and cauliflower with cheese (unconventional but I want it because I couldn't have it for dinner last night) scrambled zero cholesterol shell egg substitute (like Egg Beaters but I use the less expensive store brands)

Snack: preservative free salami and spinach rollup with Dijon mustard

Lunch: peanut butter on cucumber slices, black soybeans

Snack: low carb protein shake

Dinner: leftover lean pork roast, black soybeans again (but it's OK--I love them and they're very low carb) broccoli slaw with ranch dressing

Snacks: stewed chicken breast, another low carb protein shake
Weight 6/25/2014 233 that obviously included a lot of water retention
Weight9/5/2013 226 with an eye on "Onederland"

Last edited by Mern; 01-31-2013 at 11:12 AM.
Mern is offline   Reply With Quote