View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 10:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Sharkbait777
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 View Post
I think first thing is getting your depression under control. You can't do squat if you don't want to get out and be active. What are you doing to control your depression?
I've seen a counselor for over 2 years. I'm not nearly as bad as I used to be. Gauging that, however, is like saying the absolute worse has gotten better and gone from happiness scale of 1 to about 4. My councelor and psychiatrist -both- agree, as well as my health teacher and doctor, that exercise will probably be the only thing to get my out of this rut.

I've taken anti-depressants and they got me out of a very very dark place. I am now anti-depressant free and am working on my own to build a better and healthier life.

Cjohnson728, your words are kind. Thank you. I'm just a little confused because I have several different people telling me different things about progressing and I also have several people telling me to "move forward." I'm a big guy. I have a long way to go and I feel like I'm taking baby steps.

I'm walking a mile a day at the moment. That seems to be helping a lot. It gets me out of breath and I can see improvement but I don't even know where to begin to "up the ante" per say.

2nd week start running? Am I too out of shape for this? Becuase I've tried running... it's... overbearing. I'm quite overweight at the moment, I don't expect to run a marathon overnight but... when do I move up? HOW do I move up? My friends say "change it up a little" but what does that mean?

Should I increase walk distance during my 2nd week? 3rd? 2nd month? Should I go all out and work through the pain and run every day of the week until my eyes bleed? I really have no clue where I'm going with these work outs. Lol

I want to lose weight asap. That's the number 1 goal. Everything can come later. Losing weight, is number 1. I like working out, I like moving and excersizing. Calorie counting I can do. Dieting, I will work out. There is plenty of information on that, all over the place.

But everyone's body is different including mine. My info is in the original post. Being overweight, is running obsolete? Is it even going to -help- in weight loss? So much information out there. I don't even know where to begin.
Sharkbait777 is offline   Reply With Quote