View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 12:42 AM   #48 (permalink)
canary52
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mern View Post
Tuesday planned menu:
Breakfast: veggie omelet topped with 1/2 ounce Laughing Cow Cheese
Snack: almonds
Lunch: tuna salad on a bed of fresh spinach, sweet & sour cucumbers
Snack: protein shake
Dinner: low carb meat loaf, sauteed green beans, low carb pasta with mushrooms
Snack: textured veggie protein "rice" pudding

Hope, questions:

1. When you report on how well you stuck to your menu, is that because you feel you didn't do well if you deviated from what you planned or do you do that in lieu of logging in the nutrition tracker? Just wondering because in my plan the author strongly recommends pre-planning but gives his blessing to change our minds as long we stay within the plan's dietary guidelines.

2. Does tofutti cream cheese taste like Philadelphia Cream Cheese?

I use Hormel or Boar's Head no preservative ham and also no nitrite bacon. Your menu tomorrow looks yummy! I LOVE squash ravioli and boiled or grilled shrimp, but not breaded or deep fried shrimp. Does your DH cook the chicken and zucchini with peppers and onions? That sounds delicious.

You have such amazing meal plans. The meatloaf and the rice pudding intrigue me.

I report on how I did because it gives me a chance to look at it side to side. I track sometimes but I can get too obsessive with it. Sometimes it almost makes me think about food too much, making me eat more!!!!

Tofutti does not taste like PHilly, not gonna lie, but it's not bad. I like it. It has some sugar but for nondairy pretty good.

I use Applegate Farms cold cuts and hot dogs; they even make sausage. No nitrites, good stuff for um ya know bad stuff like cold cuts.

DH makes the chicken with peppers, onions, zucchini and some kind of sauce using a bit of sesame oil and some amazing spices and low cal sauces. So good!!! Too good!!! I ate like a half pound of chicken last night :O

Ama, isn't the blue pretty? Gotta work on getting more of it. (Espagnol) I take writing classes to motivate me when I don't have a deadline; now I have both. Really made a breakthrough with this piece and if I don't finish it soon, I am gonna just burn it lol!!! I hope DS is better and you guys don't get it. Warm compresses really work. And wash your hands like crazy!!!

Sooooo tired. Will tawk more tomorrow. Krystal, no surgery. I already had total knee replacement in that one!!! Dr SSP. really put my knee through the wringer. He thinks it might be something having to do with (maybe sprain of) the ligament. I'm prolly goign for PT. OH. Plus the very sweet x ray tech accidentally dropped a heavy x ray plate on my bad knee. Owie. I am limping off to bed, the Advil and I.

Last edited by canary52; 01-30-2013 at 01:05 AM.
canary52 is offline   Reply With Quote