View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 01:41 AM   #26 (permalink)
Mern
FitDay Member

Donna, have you tried the zero cholesterol egg substitute like Egg Beaters? I mostly use the store brands, though, because they're cheaper. Giving up shell eggs was one of the keys to getting my cholesterol down to normal. Sometimes I use half regular egg substitute and half egg white substitute for my omelets. I tried to make a deviled egg a couple weeks ago with egg substitute, but it didn't work. I was hoping to be able to somehow cook the white in the shape of half a boiled egg, but I couldn't do it. For my tuna salad, I cook the regular yellow egg substitute in a shallow bowl, allow it to cool, and then dice it to add to the tuna salad. DH said it tasted just like regular egg in the tuna salad. Does to me, too. There are recipes for make-ahead omelets that you bake in a muffin tin, store in the fridge and then reheat the next few days in the microwave. I haven't made any for a long time, but I'm sure they'd work the same with egg substitute.

Tori, kudos on setting some goals and your willingness to get back to exercise. I haven't been getting to the Y lately and have been doing exercise to DVDs. I need to get some new ones to add some variety. I haven't done embroidery since I was a young teenager. Funny you mentioned that because not more than half an hour ago my little sis and I were reminiscing about one of the elderly neighbors (when we were children) teaching us how to do it. Best wishes with your eating lifestyles and living arrangements.
Weight 6/25/2014 233 that obviously included a lot of water retention
Weight 8/13/2014 224.2 with an eye on "Onederland"
Mern is offline   Reply With Quote