Darlene, You're right! Raisin Bran Flunks the cereal test! I just looked at the two different brands I had in my pantry. While both have 5 grams of protein, they have 18 & 20 grams of sugar per cup of cereal. Not quite as much as a can of coke, but close. So, no (whole) eggs, no raisin bran, no yoplait. There go my current breakfast options. Guess I'll switch to the high protein yogurt.
I'll probably move this discussion to the new weekly thread starting up, but here's the wrap-up on last weeks goals:
- Cholesterol < 250 mg/day: 166, 143, 131, 98, 320, 168, 256
- Exercise > 30 mins x 3: Y(50m), Y(45m), Y(40m)
- Eat Vegetables > 3 servings/day: Y(4), Y(3), N(2), Y(3), ~(2.5), Y, N
- Protein > 50 g / day: 82, 72, 59, 71, 57, 102, 83
- Total Calories < 1750 / day: 1445, 1300, 1411, 1859, 1337, 1846, 1821
- Less Sugar intake (subjective): N, Y, Y, N, ~, Y (even w/cereal, grapefruit juice), N (Waffles w/blueberries&maple syrup, saltine crackers)
Not as bad as I thought it would be. Next week's superbowl party though, is a whole different, um, ballgame. Last year it rivaled Christmas for my highest calorie consumption day.