Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread for 1/21/13

Old 01-21-2013, 02:31 AM
Super Moderator

Default 7-Day Motivational Thread for 1/21/13

Good Morning and Happy Monday, FitDayers

I know it's a holiday for many, but I'll go ahead and start. My logging on has still been sporadic, but it is No Excuses for me this week, so complaining is not an option. Well, maybe complaining is, but not falling off the boards (or the wagon, lol)!

Goals:

1. Calories under 1300 daily.
2. Log everything; post update daily.
3. Stick to my pie chart rules
4. Take vitamins and supplements daily.
5. Eat clean; no trigger foods.
6. 4 fruits/veggies per day.
7. 64 oz. fluids daily.
8. Exercise 6 times.
9. Drive at least 5 times with the boy...last push before the test!
10. Revise HIPAA forms.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Last edited by cjohnson728; 01-21-2013 at 02:42 AM.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:32 AM
FitDay Member

Today's planned and pre-logged menu:

Breakfast: egg substitute omelet with black soybeans and brussels sprouts
Snack: Carb Master Dairy Blend (like yogurt)
Lunch: low carb turkey wrap with cucumber and spinach
Snack: egg (substitute) salad spread on green pepper
Dinner: chicken breast, mushrooms, yellow squash, black soybeans
Snack: turkey breast spread with Laughing Cow Cheese, protein shake

Cassie, so glad you were able to log on yesterday!

Joanna, I hope you thought of something fun or interesting to do today to stave off boredom and bored eating, but enjoy the lazy day today if you need a break from your usually very active life.

Robin, I was on the computer web surfing so much yesterday that it was no trouble to check in here often. What was in your green smoothie? OMG-60 minutes of snowshoeing must burn a lot of calories! Way to go!

Mike, I know you need a break from tending to this group. I can see it must take up an awful lot of your free time. Thanks for all you do for us.

Donna, kudos on hitting your veggie target four out of seven days last week. Congratulations on a VERY nice week overall.

Hope, where are you?
Old 01-21-2013, 02:53 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, sometimes I think my head would explode if I couldn't complain. LOL Nice goals again. Best wishes on that!

I'm continuing my new way of eating in the way I combine and space carbs and protein. I am currently following the 21-Day Metabolism Makeover (that is used in the Food Lovers Fat Loss System) by the guidelines I could find for free online and can boast that I lost 3 1/2 lbs. in the first four days. Followers are not supposed to weigh until the 22nd day, but I peeked. The book alone (when found sold separately from the program system) costs more than I want to pay, even for a used copy, but I found a very similar book Diet-Free for Life that was written by a man who co-authored the Food Lovers Fat Loss System and from what I saw online it's pretty much the same guidelines. So I ordered that yesterday.

So my goals this week (part my own and part the metabolism makeover) until I learn something new will be:
Calorie minimum 1200
Saturated fat limit 10% of total calories
Dietary Cholesterol limit 250mg
Net carbs after deducting fiber 25g
Fiber 25g
Protein minimum 120g
Water 64 oz.
Exercise 5 days
Old 01-21-2013, 03:07 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, more power to you on the new tweaks! Looks like you've had a bit of success with it so far. Keep up the great work! Sounds like a solid plan and I hope it results in a lot of success for you. As I said before, if anyone can do this, you can .
Old 01-21-2013, 03:35 AM
FitDay Member

Hey folks, I'm here for the week! I'm working on not getting frustrated at this plateau I'm on, especially since it doesn't feel like I hardly made any progress since recommitting before I got stuck. I mean, I know the deal, but it's just do frustrating, and I keep having to remind myself that good things are happening in the inside, even if I'm not seeing it on the scale. It's just like, well screw it, I'm gonna eat potato chips 'til the cows come home, since being careful and working out doesn't seem to be making any difference. It takes so much mental energy to stay on track - you guys know how it is. I basically have to never stop thinking about not eating for even a second, can't let the guard down at all. And then I see no results. And I don't even feel happier knowing I've eaten well. I feel like I'd be happier if I'd just eaten the darn chips. Argh!

Okay, vent! I think I've just been sitting at home bored for the last three days, and also, I'm frickin' sick of being a work in progress! I just want to have reached my goal already.

Haha, no really , done venting.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:38 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
Mike, I know you need a break from tending to this group. I can see it must take up an awful lot of your free time. Thanks for all you do for us.
Huh? No, I've just been fat and lazy.

I'll come up with some goals for this week. One will be do put in 10 miles this week.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:39 AM
Super Moderator

Joanna, I'm sorry for your frustration . Hold the line, girlfriend; that plateau will bust and the scale will drop on down. Sometimes I think plateaus are nature's way of testing us to see if we're really serious .

You can do this! Hide your scale for a little while.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:55 AM
FitDay Member

Mern: Glad you peaked at the scale! It is very apparent to me that it motivated you, on this new eating plan. The smoothie had a head of romaine, 2 apples, a banana, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, water and ice. (2 servings) It's called "apple cinnamon green smoothie" and it was really not bad. Went to the store today to pick up some more ingredients (organic) to play around with.

It's hard to judge the calorie burn on the snowshoeing because the amount of snow you are treking through makes a big difference. My buddy makes sure we go through some unbroken spots to "work the glutes". I think that the overall cal burn is similar to lap swimming and running.

To Joanna don't give in or give up! Remember why you are doing this- as I am sure it is not just for the scale.

My goals this week continue, 1200 cals, 1 green tea, exercise 5 times, etc.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:38 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Robingen
The smoothie had a head of romaine, 2 apples, a banana, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, water and ice. (2 servings) It's called "apple cinnamon green smoothie" and it was really not bad.
Robin, this is very cool. Did you just do it in a blender, or do you have a super powerful juicer or other machine? Have fun experimenting with your other ingredients!
Old 01-21-2013, 04:46 AM
FitDay Member

I'm here!!! I'm here!!! Back with my tail between my legs. On vaca in the Caribbean, I have tried to plan, what can I say other than no more curried conch!!!! And um will try and go easy on the rice and beans. I have missed you guys!!!

Ok so small goals (still on vaca)
1) Plan meals
2) get close to plan
3) meditate (I have been and it's been amazing)
4) STRETCH (ditto)
5) Write as much as possible

Plan:
eggs and sf ww roll fresh from bakery - yes
chicken and salad
grilled fish or lobster and veg
snacks:
fruit
nuts
kippers

Computer glitchy, will try to respond to posts later. Happy ML King day all!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.