View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 02:30 AM   #91 (permalink)
Mern
FitDay Member

Way TO GO AT THE RESTAURANT, CASSIE! Wow, you did really well today to have saved room for both an apple and an orange. Hope you enjoy/enjoyed them!

I will be here this weekend, too. I was talking with DH tonight about having enjoyed really yummy home cooked meals all week that met my goals of low saturated fat, low cholesterol, low carb. The turkey, pasta, tomato and green pepper casserole, the baked chicken breasts, and the pork tenderloin chili were good sources of protein, and qualified as true comfort foods, as did my veggie soup. Everything I made at home could be made the day ahead and, except for the leftover chicken, tasted even better leftover and reheated the next day-- or they could be frozen and reheated another day. But leftover chicken can also be made into chicken salad, chef salad, wraps, etc. Sticking to our plans doesn't mean having to eat rabbit food.

Oops, the above paragraph wasn't meant to be preaching. I know how lucky I am to have time to cook and many of you don't. I just want to encourage those of you who are tired of the same old, same old foods to try at least a new food or recipe per week to increase the number of choices you have. "Variety is the spice of life" and it can make the difference between staying on track and getting burned out on our healthful ways of eating. Not that I have weeks as successful all the time, but I feel a lot encouraged by this past week's menus.

Wishing all of you a great weekend--and some WARMTH for those of you in frigid weather right now.
Weight 6/25/2014 233 that obviously included a lot of water retention
Weight 8/13/2014 224.2 with an eye on "Onederland"
Mern is offline   Reply With Quote