View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 10:14 AM   #77 (permalink)
Robingen
FitDay Member

Hi Cassie I hope the whole logging issue does not drive many away! That is very unfortunate.

At various times I have seen people write about discouragement over plateaus. I know what a plateau is but I decided to hunt for a more formal definition. It's such a big issue I guess and causes some people to give up.

Anyway I found this really good definition and tips on a site called "built Lean" - don't know how to insert the link and don't know if I would be allowed anyway.

Key Issues: Must be 3 weeks at the same weight to be considered a plateau. Than you have to figure out if it is a weight loss plateau or a fat loss plateau as they are not the same thing. If you are truly on a fat loss plateau, for some reason you are not burning more cals than you are taking in. Usually because you are smaller, have lost a bunch of weight, and therefore burn fewer calories.

Rarely is the "starvation mode" the explanation and usually only applies when you are consistently eating under 1000 a day.

That's my summary of it, I thought it was very helpful. Check it yourself if you are interested.

Fitday start date 12/9/12
Fitday start weight 190
Highest weight Jan 2009 218
Lowest weight Aug 2009 175
Goal 160: ACHIEVED Aug 25/13 (now to figure out how to stay here)

If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten. –Tony Robbins
Robingen is offline   Reply With Quote