View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 02:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Mindy_1967
FitDay Member

Default Help me stick to it this time

I really need some help and advice. First off I am 45 years old, 5'4" and 173 pounds. I was always a size 5 until leaving the Army in 1994 and becoming a medical transcriptionist, which is a completely sedentary job. I have jumped on the weight loss/exercise wagon a million times and have given up shortly after starting. Currently I am trying once again and desperately praying I make this life change for good this time. I need to be completely honest so maybe I can get some advice on what I am doing wrong.

I have been really down the past 6 months since my ex fiance left me. I haven't eaten much at all, except a sandwich here or a bowl of cereal there. I would think not eating much at all, I would have lost a ton of weight, but not even a pound. I do drink coffee all day long with cream and a teaspoon of sugar per cup... (I know it's bad, but when I try to quit coffee cold turkey, I get a horrible migraine).

For 1 week now, I have been going to the park each morning and walking 1 mile briskly, still eating that little bit, i.e. ramen noodles, bowl of cereal or a sandwich around 7 p.m.

I am desperate to change my life, eating habits, my body image, and feel better about myself for myself, I just really need some guidance. I have found this past week of walking has made my emotional state better and my outlook has brightened, now to tackle the food issue and coffee issue. I just don't know what to do or how to start really. I have my military background so I do know how to exercise, it's the lack of motivation or seeing the scale even move down 1 number to keep me going. Any advice would be welcomed. I am so thankful for the opportunity to reach out to others who understand and can help me take this step in the right direction. Sorry for rambling.

Mindy
Mindy_1967 is offline   Reply With Quote