View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 07:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
almeeker
FitDay Member

Push-push, shove-shove, boot to the fanny. Consider yourself pushed LOL, well virtually anyway.

Hey thin_thin, I'm 5'-2" too, and weighed 244 at my heaviest in Sept '09. I've been heavy most of my life as well, although there were times when I dieted and got down to a healthy weight, but like you I always gained it all back (and then some). Last fall I started dieting and lost 16 pounds, then between Thanksgiving and Christmas I went off diet and let myself eat whatever I wanted. Very bad, because I gained back 10 of those hard won 16 pounds. My 2010 New Year's resolution was to "lose weight and get in shape", but I didn't put a number on the weight part. I think I was living in denial or something. Christmas Day we got a Wii Fit Plus and it told me I weighed exactly twice what I should, talk about a downer Christmas gift... Needless to say, I started dieting the very next morning. The diet went well, but usually diets start off strong for me, and then fail once I get tired of it or hit a hard plateau. But then something happened, my brother-in-law's father passed away. I didn't know the man well, but it was an ah-ha moment for me all the same. While attending the funeral dinner it occurred to me that my brother-in-law has lost both of his parents to obesity and is now essentially an adult orphan. My brother-in-law is 10 years younger than me, I can't imagine what my life would have been like the last 10 years without my parents. I don't want that to happen to my kids either, and I was most certainly headed down that road. That's when I went from "New Year resolutioner" to "serious lady on a dietary mission". So far so good, as of this morning I've lost 67 pounds, with every intention of getting down to 120 pounds and staying there for the rest of my life. At this point I'm training to do my first 5K race, never in my wildest dreams would I have considered it before (not even as a teenager). I can buy clothes off the regular racks, and I feel like I did 15-20 years ago, my kids are hard pressed to pass me. Using fitday has been a big part of my journey, it really helps me keep on top of my calories and my workout. It's also a really good way to analyze a plateau and work through them more easily than I ever have before.

Last edited by almeeker; 04-27-2010 at 07:44 PM.
almeeker is offline   Reply With Quote