View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 10:29 PM   #62 (permalink)
01gt4.6
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojibridge View Post
Hey folks, I'm here for the week! I'm working on not getting frustrated at this plateau I'm on, especially since it doesn't feel like I hardly made any progress since recommitting before I got stuck. I mean, I know the deal, but it's just do frustrating, and I keep having to remind myself that good things are happening in the inside, even if I'm not seeing it on the scale. It's just like, well screw it, I'm gonna eat potato chips 'til the cows come home, since being careful and working out doesn't seem to be making any difference. It takes so much mental energy to stay on track - you guys know how it is. I basically have to never stop thinking about not eating for even a second, can't let the guard down at all. And then I see no results. And I don't even feel happier knowing I've eaten well. I feel like I'd be happier if I'd just eaten the darn chips. Argh!

Okay, vent! I think I've just been sitting at home bored for the last three days, and also, I'm frickin' sick of being a work in progress! I just want to have reached my goal already.

Haha, no really , done venting.
Okay, I might not be in here log before I get kicked out but wanted to address this.

I would apologize before I open my mouth but I think you know to expect ANYTHING I may blurt out. I think you may be full of s#!t, no really, in the literal sense. Not like I want to know, so you don't have to answer that part, but if it's true, it could cause you to hold on to excess weight. So if you've lost a couple "true" pounds but you aren't spending enough time on the most important seat in the house (ask any guy, he'll agree that there is no seat that is more important) it may look like a plateau. If that's the case, look into some poo poo tea. Target (probably Walmart) sell Organic Smooth Move by Traditional Medicinals. It works wonders, if that's the case, you'll thank me. I have mentioned it to someone else here (I won't name names) and lets just say... she likes her poo poo tea.

If that's not the case, maybe you just need to change your diet. Sometimes a shock to the system is all we need to kick start it. I know people that have eaten CLEAN for a long time, then they reach a plateau. You know what I tell them? Eat dirty for a meal. I tell them to go get some fried chicken, mashed taters and gravy, whatever. Nine times out of ten it works. Can you guess why? Soon after they eat it they are sitting on THAT seat.

I'm at a different point than you, unfortunately. I don't think much about eating clean. In fact I find myself trying to rationalize that it's okay to eat junk and when I do, then I gut down about it.

Well, I'm out for now.
01gt4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote