View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 04:47 PM   #124 (permalink)
jonjaxmom
FitDay Member

Steph, that is such a hard question to answer... what works for me doesnt work for everyone, etc.

I've found success with calorie counting. I am not following any specific program. I figured out how many calories I burn without exercise, and try to stay 300-400 calories below that. On days I exercise, I eat a bit more, but try and maintain that deficit. I try to eat as clean as possible, and avoid sugars and white carbs when I can. When I fall and dont hit the calorie numbers, I do all that I can to make sure its just a day and not turn into a weekend, or a week, etc.

Some days are better than others, and I know my losses have been slower than some official plans that are out there. But I am not looking to lose X lbs by X date, so for me, the journey has been easy to manage and not stressful. I'm hovering within a couple pounds of my goal now, so its been a good experience for me.

I eat 3 moderate meals, and 3 snacks. Try to exercise 3x a week. I feel better than I have in 20 years. Honestly!!!

Good luck! try what sounds sustainable to you, and if it doesnt work, try another. Very rarely do I go into a store and find a pair of pants that are perfect right away, the same applies here... try em on til you find what you like!!!
Current wt 143 lbs.
Goal wt. 140 lbs
jonjaxmom is offline   Reply With Quote