View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 01:53 PM   #53 (permalink)
jjrudd
FitDay Member

Default you are beautiful and worth it

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojibridge View Post
I'm still off the scale, since Monday. I think the thing that worries me about weighing in only once a week is that if I get on that scale next Monday and I haven't lost more than a few ounces, I'm gonna be royally pissed/majorly sad. Like, the import of a weigh-in seems so much more gargantuan. I think that's why I weigh in daily is because I feel like the disappointment of a bad week that occurred one day at a time might be more palatable, if that makes any sense. I mean, who cares what the scale says, right? Well, I do. Maybe I shouldn't so much, but I do. So, yeah. I think it all ties back in with how I was feeling about lunch yesterday. There's a certain "good" feeling that I get from eating well, but I'm not lying when I say that I really don't feel like I'm that much happier for having done it. I'd so much rather be eating crap. The only thing that makes it worthwhile is the results (that's what it feels like, in my head, anyway.) So if I'm not seeing results, I feel like I'm hanging on by my fingernails to doing what's healthy. I still feel deprived when I don't get to eat chips and chocolate and cream sauce and burgers. Doesn't mean I don't like my new recipes that I try, but darn it, it's not what I really want, most of the time. I want stuff with cheese - and a lot of it. I know, I know, I can have these things - in moderation, and every once in a while. I hate moderation. I hate not eating whatever the heck I want, whenever the heck I want it. Argh, I need an attitude adjustment. I'm trying. The switch has just not flipped from forcing myself every single day, every single decision, to make the right choice, to wanting to do it.

Ha, well, that rant was unexpected. Maybe my brain is fleeing from this lecture so hard that it just vomited here on the forum.
at the last line.

I think we all have those moments. i try to only weigh myself once a week.
The title is what a friend of mine told me one time. We are eating healthy and working out because we are worth it! Just remember that!

It's easy for me to give out the advice when there are days when I look in the mirror and all I see is the double chin and stomach. When I step on the scale and think I have so much weight to lose...but for my own health I have to keep plugging along.
Jenn
jjrudd is offline   Reply With Quote