View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 08:59 PM   #36 (permalink)
quinnesec
FitDay Member

Hey Everyone!

I'm still running into a lot of log on issues. It may just be the time of day that I try. Over the weekend, I couldn't get into the forums at all. Again, some issues today. Just wanted to pop in and say that I'm doing well and only 5 lbs, from my summer goal weight. My secret weapon has been my panini maker! I can make a low-cal, healthy lunch or supper in 10 minutes and 250 calories. It's been awesome. I have a commercial one, but you can buy a decent one for $25.

Another thing that I have been doing since the first of the year is roasting a whole chicken on Sunday, shredding it and then using the meat for lunches and suppers during the week. Today for lunch, I used a Joseph's Flatbread (90 calories), 1/2c. of my chicken seasoned with my own Mexican seasoning blend, put it in the panini maker and then topped it with fresh salsa, lettuce, tomato and onion on top. It was amazing! I roast the chicken with a dry rub, and then remove the skin, fat and bones. This way, I can season it, on demand, 100 different ways. I've done Chicken Caesar Wraps, Mexican "burritos", and used it on a bunch of different salads. It's so quick and convenient. I don't know why I've never done this before.

Time to think about supper... May do broiled shrimp or salmon tonight. Have a great day!

Reached 30 lb. Weight Loss Goal April, 2010
Fighting The Battle to Maintain

When something goes wrong in your life, simply yell "PLOT TWIST!" and move on!
quinnesec is online now   Reply With Quote