Notices

Pilates?

Old 01-07-2010, 05:30 AM
FitDay Member

Default Pilates?

How do you enter pilates into your excercise log? It doesnt seem to exist on their list.

Thank you!!

Jenny
http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...ansformedjenny
Old 01-12-2010, 08:59 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I use 'calisthenics'. It matches the calorie burn on my hrm which I wore specifically for fitday purposes.

That's the one thing I find difficult about fitday. The exercise area could really use some updating (who's doing calisthenics ?). I have to fudge to get Zumba in there too.
Old 02-20-2010, 03:50 AM
FitDay Member

Default Pilates

Hi

I want to exercise more , so i'am thinking to do pilates . But i don't know if this is a sport you can do so , our you have to do yoga at first ?

Earlier years i have doing national gymnastics and was i very loan . Now i have more way from a ridig rake .

So now i want to find a sport where i don't have to run our have to bully myself because i don't have so many condition and i want to do a sport where i can realex in and not only work out .

So who have expierence whit Pilates ? our a nother sport who looks like this our that you can realex in and work out ?
Old 02-20-2010, 08:17 AM
FitDay Member

I do a lot of yoga and pilates because my joints are bad and my stomach is my biggest problem area. I switch between the two depending on how I feel that day. Pilates is very hard to do when you are first starting out. Definitely find a program that shows you modifications for beginners. I have a few dvd's with Ana Caban and I really like them. I still can't do the more difficult positions though, and it's been months, but you will definitely feel the workout the next day. Another thing you might look into is Tai Chi, I haven't done any of that personally but it's slow focused exercises like yoga and Pilates. There's also a lot of different types of yoga, I do kundalini yoga because it's a lot more relaxed and you don't have to be super flexible to do it.

Last edited by Lizzycritter; 02-20-2010 at 08:19 AM.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:44 AM
Super Moderator

I have never gotten into yoga but I do have a Pilates DVD that I like a lot. Try one of the beginner ones at first and work your way up. It doesn't burn as many calories as cardio but it is great for strengthening and toning those core problem areas. It is enjoyable in a different way...a nice stretchy workout that is calm but challenging instead of fast-paced.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:23 PM
FitDay Member

whit's dvd's are recommend similar and where can i buy them ?
Because i'am from the Netherlands i only can buy from the internet ....
What do i need to do Pilates our yoga at home ?
Old 02-21-2010, 04:10 AM
FitDay Member

Most of mine are from the Gaiam company. I ordered them online. If you have hard floors, all you need for yoga and pilates is an exercise mat. A thick blanket will work too.

Gaiam Healthy, Green Living: Yoga, Fitness, & Organic Products
Old 02-21-2010, 04:14 AM
FitDay Member

hi ,

Okej thanks , i have looked at some studio's close at my home and i find one pilates and one whit yoga and i go and check it out. But i think it is good to do at home to than online 1 day at the gym ? How many do you work out in yoga our pilates ?
Old 03-05-2010, 01:03 PM
FitDay Member

I use mild stretching to record my gentle reformer time using pilates reformer.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:28 PM
FitDay Member

I use "aerobic dancing", in calories/min, it matches up pretty close.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.