View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 11:08 PM   #16 (permalink)
Mern
FitDay Member

Lily, hi. Welcome to our group. What chart are you talking about? Maybe if you tell us a little more we can try to help you. Is it your eating plan guidelines or directions from your doctor or what?

Robin, Cassie, anyone interested in smoothies. I don't have a blender but do have a fairly new Hamilton Beach Food Processor. I wanted to try a spinach smoothie after reading about Robin's green smoothie. I took 2 oz. fresh spinach leaves and pulsed them until finely chopped, then I added just a little bit of water at a time and whirred it on low until it got ground really well and then, still adding the water slowly, whirred it on high until I had the entire amount of liquid in there I wanted for my serving of smoothie. The spinach is not completely liquified, is slightly gritty in texture, but it's quite OK for my preferences. I used fresh spinach, pasteurized egg substitute (like Egg Beaters), vanilla protein shake powder, and a dash of nutmeg. Not bad at all. Tomorrow, when I have more carbs to spare, I'll make it again with strawberries added in at the beginning or use 6 oz. yogurt and just half the protein powder. YUM!
Weight 6/25/2014 233 that obviously included a lot of water retention
Weight9/5/2013 226 with an eye on "Onederland"
Mern is offline   Reply With Quote