View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 11:36 PM   #45 (permalink)
Mern
FitDay Member

My web surfing finally yielded a plan I decided is sensible enough for me to follow to help speed up my metabolism while still keeping my blood sugar and cholesterol normal through diet alone. I'm going to try the 21 Day Metabolism Makeover which is part of the Food Lovers Fat Loss System. There are three versions and the one I chose fits into my existing carb and protein goals with protein as the centerpiece of the fat loss plate, accompanied by low carb fruits and veggies and limited healthy fats. The difference is in how the proteins and carbs are combined and how the meals/snacks are spaced. But the cost of the system is more than I want to pay, so since the metabolism makeover is just 21 days, I'll see what I can do with the info I was able to compile for free from online sources.

I'm still going to web surf more to see what additional free info I can find, but for now I'll start with this and see how it goes:

Eat three meals (or more small meals) and snacks every 2-3 hours. Last snack finished at least one hour before bedtime but no more than 2 hours.
--Calorie minimum 1200
--Net carb limit 25g
--Fiber minimum 25g
--Keep my cholesterol under 250mg per day
--One protein and three low carbs per meal and beginning with day 6 also protein with each snack.
--Snack first 5 days is one portion of a whole food (such as an apple which is too high carb for me, but I can find something else easily) or any food that doesn't exceed 150-250 calories (no problem there)
--Stay low total fat- 17.5g limit per meal.
--Water supposed to be TWELVE 8 oz. glasses per day, but LOL that ain't gonna happen. My goal is still 64 oz.
Weight 8/14/2014 lowest in a long time 224.2
Weight 9/23/2014 doctor visit 233
Weight 11/14/2014 228.8

Last edited by Mern; 01-17-2013 at 11:07 PM.
Mern is offline   Reply With Quote