View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 12:31 AM   #149 (permalink)
Robingen
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojibridge View Post
Just got my HbA1C results back - 6.4%! For those not in the know, that's basically a 3 month average of how my blood sugars have been. That's the best A1C I've ever had! Well since I was diagnosed almost 17 years ago. The insulin pump was the best decision I ever made.
Wow Joanna that is so amazing! What an inspiration.

Mern, sorry to hear that you have been working so hard and not making the progress you expected. I don't know anything about what it means but at least you are going down. That stuff about the nutritionist is just plain weird.

Hope, about DD, I am sorry to hear how it went. I certainly have had issues with my kids when they were that age as well. At 18, peers have way more influence than parents. But they do come around. You can be clear on your views and be a good role model. That's about it. She's an adult and can make her own choices (even though her brain won't mature for another 7 years). Of course, she doesn't want to hear it. None of us want to hear that we are not in control.

I haven't posted in a few days and this thread is overwhelmingly busy! Things are going well with me. Instead of take out pizza for our friday night treat we had homemade lobster wraps. Yum. And not nearly as expensive.
Robingen is offline   Reply With Quote