View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 07:36 PM   #143 (permalink)
canary52
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mern View Post
I hear ya, Hope. I, too, am so discouraged, trying my hardest and getting nowhere on a personal issue with a family member who is in a self-destruct mode and not accepting sound advice--not health, but serious personal and financial issues of that person. I'm also discouraged about honestly doing my personal best on food goals, water, and exercise, and doctor's recommendations, and having stalled out on weight loss again after only a 2 1/2 lb. net loss two weeks after my restart. I usually lose about 6-7 lbs. on a restart.

I don't know what else to do except to keep on keeping on, so that's what I'll do until I get whopped upside the head with new inspirations that are wise and that work. Hang in there, kiddo--you and I can and will succeed.

Your daily reports and food look great. I have a pork shoulder in the crockpot to make low carb shredded pork BBQ. I'll just have to be careful to watch my portion sizes to stay within my dietary cholesterol and sat fat targets, but I can do it.

Today's menu:
Breakfast: flaxmeal muffin and protein shake
Lunch: broccoli egg substitute omelet
Snack another protein shake
Dinner: low carb pork BBQ on a low carb tortilla, coleslaw made with ranch dressing instead of mayo
Evening snack--don't know, but I'll make it fit in my targets.

Going to a birthday party Sunday for our one year old great-granddaughter from DH's first marriage. They're just having snacks and cupcakes, so even though I wasn't asked to contribute a dish, I'm going to take some kind of low carb snack to share so I know there will be something I can eat. I usually don't buy protein bars, but I'll buy a low carb bar to shove in my purse to keep me from eating a cupcake.

Mern, sorry to hear about your family member; it is so hard to watch people we care about make bad decisions but we do what we can and then hope they want to make the change.

Your menu looks great and I think it's great you hae a plan. I am trying to make myself stay, when everything says give up. I can relate to what that feels like. Let's keep on keeping on, Mern, let's keep going.
canary52 is online now   Reply With Quote