View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 03:42 PM   #134 (permalink)
Mern
FitDay Member

Hope, I'm glad you posted about the argument with your daughter. We parents certainly don't have all the answers, but I must say that in my 36 years of parenting I can say in all honesty that the best any of us can do is to make the best decisions and actions according to the information we have at the time. And that's what you did in the obesity discussion with your daughter. I remember how I hated it when my Mom told me something for my own good--things that needed to be said and there was no other way to do it except to "tell it like it is" because she knew I was living in denial and headed down a path of self-destruction. It was hard to hear at the time, but eventually I came to accept that she was right and that I was the only one who could change my life to make it better. If the subject comes up again, just continue to reassure her that you said what you did, not to hurt her feelings, but because you love her and have her best interest at heart--for her to live a long, happy and healthy life. Huge Mom hugs to ya!
Weight 6/25/2014 233 that obviously included a lot of water retention
Weight9/5/2013 226 with an eye on "Onederland"
Mern is offline   Reply With Quote