Notices

The best protein shakes?

Old 01-08-2013, 04:39 PM
FitDay Member

Default The best protein shakes?

Does anyone know what the best protein is to take? I have been looking online to figure out what the best one for me is and I found this website and it has a review of the top ten proteins. Anyone recommend me one of these?

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 01-08-2013 at 04:54 PM. Reason: link removed
Old 01-08-2013, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator

What type of protein are you looking for... whey, casein, egg?? Why are you looking for a protein supplement?
Old 01-08-2013, 05:00 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
What type of protein are you looking for... whey, casein, egg?? Why are you looking for a protein supplement?
I don't know which type of protein. I go to the gym regularly to stay in shape.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator

If you are looking for a post workout, fast digesting, get a good whey. Most people swear my Optimum Nutrition. I have a 5 pound jug of it and I hate it. It's clumpy when it mixes. GNC Wheybolic is good, but expensive. Out of all that I've tried, I prefer MGN (muscle gauge nutrition) it's cheap, tastes great and mixes well.

If you want a slow digesting, get a casein and drink it before bedtime.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:37 PM
FitDay Member

You always have the option to just eat healthy if you want. I stopped throwing money out the window a long time ago. I eat 1-1.5g per body pound everyday no problem.

There only reason I would use it is if I didnt have time to eat. Its a supplement, but the industry wants you to think its a necessity to build muscle. The main thing you wanna watch is the cholesterol, some are loaded. Just remember that Whey is just another refined product, I avoid it.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by JimmyJonny
You always have the option to just eat healthy if you want. I stopped throwing money out the window a long time ago. I eat 1-1.5g per body pound everyday no problem.

There only reason I would use it is if I didnt have time to eat. Its a supplement, but the industry wants you to think its a necessity to build muscle. The main thing you wanna watch is the cholesterol, some are loaded. Just remember that Whey is just another refined product, I avoid it.
I agree. That's actually why I was asking why he was looking for a protein supplement.