View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 03:07 PM   #80 (permalink)
bojibridge
FitDay Member

I'm here, I'm here! Finally back home in PA. It's cold. I went running yesterday and I swear it was uphill in the blowing snow both ways!

Thanks for all the encouragement on the half-marathon. I haven't signed up yet - I figured I'd finish my couch to 5k first, and see about it after that. I have until Feb. 15th before the registration fees go up, so that's my deadline for deciding.

Donna - as far as the 10 lb challenge, we're all back where we started, I think. We kinda took a break from weighing-in over the holidays simply because we were all traveling and whatnot, but I plan on weighing-in on Tuesday, so hopefully we'll all get back with the program.

I got on the scale yesterday and it said 169.8. I was like, NO WAY am I going to see 170 on that scale again! NOT EVER! Thankfully, I miraculously lost 2 lbs overnight. I WANT to see my weight heading in the right direction again, but I need to figure out how to translate that into long-term progress, something that has eluded me for the past 6 months. It's disheartening to know that I've put on weight - I don't feel good about myself, and that pants I bought are barely fitting. I hate that feeling when you are stuffing yourself into your clothes. They say to dress for the body you have, and it's true, it feels much better, but I don't have those clothes anymore, so... I felt so good about myself when I hit less than 155 - I was only 16 lbs from my goal! And I hate that I now have twice that. I need to remember that eating 'cause I'm bored, or just don't frickin' want to tell myself 'no' is not satisfying in the long run! But it's sooooo satisfying in the moment. I need to want my goal so hard that it's NOT satisfying in the short term.

Anyway, stream of consciousness there, sorry! Just getting it out, I guess

Starting weight: 192.0 lbs (6/19/2011)
Lowest weight: 154.6 (6/25/2012)
Current weight: 164.4 lbs (10/28/2013)
Total lost: 27.6 lbs
Goal: 132 lbs
bojibridge is offline   Reply With Quote