View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 02:15 AM   #79 (permalink)
01gt4.6
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrudd View Post
MIKE--welcome back!!

Jenn
Thanks Jenn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mern View Post
I didn't have any trouble finding our group because there are always so many posts that the blue title stuck right out in the motivation-support forum. Plus, it being flagged as moved should guide everyone to the right place. I think it'll work out very well. Thanks to all involved.

Mike, looking forward to your rocking it next week.
I'm glad, you found it okay. I need to get back on this wagon and get some training in for my next 1/2 marathon... but that part probably won't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canary52 View Post
Yeah, yeah. Don't worry about us; WE'VE been here. Where've you been?
I've been where I shouldn't be, eating donuts and blasts. Doing exactly what I shouldn't be doing and my weight is waaaay up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjohnson728 View Post
Okay, Mike, we'll see you when we see you...last promise was Jan 1 .
I know, I know. I've been bad and now I'm going to have to pay the piper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbur96 View Post
Mike, The holidays are over, put the camera down and get out there and move a little. I mean that in the nicest motivational way possible.
Can the holidays REALLY be over with Mardi Gras around the corner? I've been getting some good use out of the camera but damn it's a big learning experience for me. I feel like such a noob but I know that just means that as I lean, my pics will get better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robingen View Post
-31 Wed, -24 yesterday........I couldn't face going out to do any exercise! Just to work and necessary errands, otherwise sat at home in front of the heater.

Today it warmed up to -8 so I packed my gear and went to the pool lap swimming. Felt great, I haven't been there for a while.

Thanks to all of you for the welcome to this group, I am loving Fitday and I am learning so much from the posts.

Robin
Welcome aboard Robin. I'm Mike, I was going to go through the whole process of explaining that I'm a guy but the ladies here think of me as one of them... but it just dawned on me that this is now a unisex thread. Anyway, welcome aboard. I'm usually the rough one (I think that's why the ladies here love me ). I don't give out many "passes" but HOLY CRAP that is cold!!!!!!!!! I can't blame you one bit for not going out to exercise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mern View Post
Had a totally yummy dinner of steak, green beans and mustard greens on a restaurant gift card we got for Christmas from live-in GD and her BF. It was so much food that I brought home the salad of cucumber, tomato, and onion to enjoy with lunch tomorrow.

Oh, by the way, I did keep my promise to myself and to our group to get in a second mile before going out to eat.

Mike, you'd better get back here Q U I C K--we natives are getting restless without your presence! LOL
Sounds like y'all had a nice dinner, oops I meant supper. Tori (yes the other one that's been MIA) gives me a virtual slap in back of the head when I say dinner. Like that yank has any room to talk! Awesome job on the 2 miles! Maybe next week you can set my mile goal (I haven't walked for exercise in MONTHS).
----------------------------------------------------------
For those that are interested... I went to NOLA (New Orleans) the other day and snapped off a few pics.

I know that I'm probably the last person that should be in a cemetery in NOLA, but if you've ever been to NOLA, you'd know that the cemeteries are a HUGE part of what makes the city what it is. They are ALL OVER, you can't miss them. The graves/tombs are above ground.

I kinda felt weird at first, I kinda felt like I was being disrespectful when I brought my camera. I think it was just me because many people tour and take photos in them because (not to sound creepy) they are pretty cool. It's what we do. But I made sure to be respectful and tried my best not to take anyone home with me. I think I succeeded at both.

I went on a mission to find a particular weeping angel. The first day, I walked around for a couple of hours and never found her. I did a little research and discovered that she's in a tomb, not just out in the open. I went back a couple days later with my daughter (WOOT, SHE'S IN TOWN FROM ARKANSAS!!) Guess what I found?!?!?!?

If anyone wants to see some of the other pics you can click here >> NOLA Photos by 01gt46 | Photobucket

Between the two trips I probably took a couple hundred pics. I loaded some of them to the photo album above. There are 2 pages of pics for now.
01gt4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote