Notices

daily calorie/fat count?

Old 01-13-2010, 06:17 AM
FitDay Member

Default daily calorie/fat count?

Does anybody know approximately how many calories/fat/protein a female should be eating?

If it's based on size age, I am 33 and 5'3", 125 lbs. I believe I should be having about 1200-1400 calories per day? Though I have no idea how many grams of fat or grams of protein I should intake in one day??

Thanks!!
Old 01-13-2010, 08:18 AM
FitDay Member

You should be able to figure out the number of calories you require by using all the tools on FitDay. If you fill in your weight, and weight goal, and lifestyle, etc. this website tells you what you need to eat. As far as the carb/fat/protein ratio goes, it should be 40% carbs, 40% protein and 30% fat. I have been battling that myself, my protein is way to low. One of my many challenges!! 8(
Old 01-14-2010, 02:01 AM
FitDay Member

Just to clarify what I am sure is just a typo, many people recommend 40% carbs, 30% protein, and 30% fat.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:17 AM
FitDay Member

OOps!!! LOL!! Since when does 40 + 40 + 30 = 100!!!! Thanks for clearing that up!!
Old 01-14-2010, 05:40 AM
FitDay Member

If I did it right, I put my weight and height and all that info in, as well as how many pounds I want to lose. It basically told me how many calories to cut out of my diet per day.

The only problem with that is, I think I may not be eating "enough" calories in the day, therefore, making my body hold on to whatever it gets.

That's why I was just wondering if there is an estimated amount of how many grams of fat should be consumed in one day, as well as how many grams of protein.

Thanks again for your help!!!
Old 01-14-2010, 06:04 AM
FitDay Member

I use this link to figure out the calories I should be eating. It will give a number to maintain/lose gradually/lose rapidly. I love it since I can always update my weight as it comes off to ensure I eat enough. Calorie Calculator - Daily Caloric Needs
Old 01-14-2010, 09:38 AM
FitDay Member

Hey....THANKS! I like that calorie calculator! At least it gave me an idea of how many calories I should be eating in order to lose some weight. Now I just have to find out how many grams of fat to allow per day and how many grams of protein I should consume in a day!

Thanks so much for that link!!
Old 01-14-2010, 09:40 AM
FitDay Member

Nevermind!! I just realized that the same link also does give you a breakdown of fat/protein!!

Thanks again! This is exactly what I needed!!!!