Notices

homemade recipes

Old 01-01-2013, 12:40 PM
FitDay Member

Post homemade recipes

Does anyone know if a free on-line "recipe builder"? i'd like to be able to put in the items/measurements in a recipe and have it tell me how many calorie, fat, and general nutrition information. I cannot locate anything like that on Fitday.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator

I won't post a link, since it's a competitor site, but if you Google Recipe Calculator, it's the first one that comes up. I use it all the time.

Some folks will also go a few days forward in FitDay to a blank log, enter the ingredients there, and then take the information from the totals and save as a custom food.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:37 PM
FitDay Member

Good tips found here.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:04 AM
Super Moderator

I use nutritiondata.self.com because it makes the recipe, then it is pretty flexible about changing the number of servings, etc. But - it gives a TON of nutrition information about the recipe. The website is awkward for doing this, but if you spend enough time in it, it gets easier. For some reason, I have to pull standard items from the massive database, then build a collection of my foods, then make my recipes from them. But, as I said, it is worth it for the information I'm sometimes seeking.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:45 AM
FitDay Member

If you have an i-pad, i-pod or i-phone, try the app called BigOven. It's really cool!