Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread for 12/31/12

Old 12-31-2012, 02:55 AM
FitDay Member

Default 7 Day Motivational Thread for 12/31/12

Hi Everyone. Tomorrow is the start of a brand New Year!
I will start us off with my goals

1. Drink 6 glasses of water
2. Eat more veggies (really slacked off at holidays so I won't put specific number)
3. Eat sensibly
4. Exercise 3X

Because we are still eating leftovers (appetizers left from Christmas which we didn't eat and will be having tonight) I'm not sure how logging will go but I will do it. Thankfully weighed myself this morning and I'm only up 1lb.

RESOLUTIONS
1. write, including making time to journal
2. accept the things that I can't change
3. start seeing myself as others do

Jenn
Old 12-31-2012, 03:27 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Jenn, I'm in as well. I will give my goals some thought; need to decide whether to keep it simple or get back to structure. Thanks for starting us off, and Happy New Year to everyone!
Old 12-31-2012, 03:59 AM
FitDay Member

Is it weekly?

I'm like you Cassie -did not decide on goals. I'll have to think about that.

It's going to be really hard for me to keep up workouts and eating homecooked once I get back to work Wednesday it's gonna be busy.

Did a one hour snow shoe today, breaking trail after yesterdays 40 cm storm. Went with my neighbour, who is retired. She's hard to keep up with. Even the dog is tired!

Robin
Old 12-31-2012, 04:05 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for starting us, Jenn!!

I too am up one pound (friend's birthday celebration last night.) I like to your attitude. I weighed myself and was like "Bummer, I'm up a pound." Whereas you were "Hey I'm only up a pound." Glass half full? I think so.

I am taking today off (well mostly tonight off) because I want to give myself celebration space and because I have been pretty restrained this holiday season (OK there were some cheats but I think there has to be, for me anyway.)

Resolutions:
1) Write
2) Send things out
3) No more excuses
4) Listen more
5) Serenity prayer: change the things I can, accept the things I can't, wisdom to know the difference

So glad you all are here, so grateful to you all, Jenn, Cassie and Robin. Let's rock into the New Year!!! To quote one of my favorite musicians: "A Happy New Year. Let's hope it's a good one without any fear."

Last edited by canary52; 12-31-2012 at 04:10 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:15 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) Stretch every day
2) 6 glasses of water minimum every day
3) Plan meals (except 12/31)
4) Stick close to plan (except 12/31)
5) 1600 calories max (except 12/31)
6) WRITE
7) Practice Spanish
8) Incorporate more creativity into my life
9) Listen more
10) Do not JADE (justify/argue/defend/explain)

Last edited by canary52; 12-31-2012 at 04:20 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:47 AM
FitDay Member

You know what? What the heck...
Ate:
egg white omelet with goat cheese, green onions and avocado

Plan
chicken and cucumber
whitefish salad
lobster
whole wheat past or garlic bread and veg
Other
fruit
nuts
slice of orange cake (small)
Fruit salad
and frankly whatever sort of attracts me at the party hopefully in small amounts
CHAMPAGNE and possibly other libations

Not gonna lie

Last edited by canary52; 12-31-2012 at 05:25 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:58 AM
Super Moderator

Good to see you, Hope, Robin!

Robin, sounds like you had quite the workout! They say snowshoeing burns a ton of calories, and I'm glad you had a workout buddy, too. I agree...once the work routine starts again, it's harder to keep up, but I've done it before and I will again. Sometimes I do better on the days I work at home and sometimes I do better when I go into the office.

Hope, I love the way you push yourself to broaden your horizons every week. It is inspiring. I'm glad your menu planning is working. Enjoy your celebration tonight!

Jenn, your resolutions are brief but powerful. Give it all you've got .

Well, I decided that it would be good to get back to a structure, so here are the goals...tried and true, or I guess back to the basics so I can get back into my good habits.

1. Calories 1200 max.
2. Exercise 6 days this week.
3. 64 oz. fluids daily.
4. Eat clean.
5. Take vitamins and supplements.

6. Write out master list for catch-up tasks & plan no later than Monday night...
7. ...and stick to the plan!
8. Take the boy driving (and parking).

Okay! Let's make it happen!
Old 12-31-2012, 05:27 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, thanks for yoiur kind words, as always.

I love your goals. Driving with the child; oooh I remember only too well my foot stomping on my imaginary break (kinda still do it.)

So glad you're back on and I agree: structure helps.

Happy New Year, honey!!!
Old 12-31-2012, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
Cassie, thanks for yoiur kind words, as always.

I love your goals. Driving with the child; oooh I remember only too well my foot stomping on my imaginary break (kinda still do it.)

So glad you're back on and I agree: structure helps.

Happy New Year, honey!!!
Right back atcha, chickadee! So looking forward to chatting with everyone again and hopefully seeing some old friends climb back on the wagon. This group is truly amazing and I appreciate everyone's support, stories, sharing, and frustration tolerance! I'm coming up on 3 years on FitDay and although the tools are useful, the forums are golden.

I don't really make resolutions for New Year's...my perception is that I can decide to start something or make a change any day of the year. However, I did come across something that I posted in the Off Topic section that asks you to think of one word that you will try to have color everything you do in 2013. I think I'm going to have to go with "balance." This seemingly simple task, to come up with a word, was very thought-provoking.

Lack of resolutions notwithstanding, I did spend the weekend cleaning and organizing the kitchen...fridge, freezer, pantry, cabinets, and drawers. Hopefully I can carry the "fresh start" motif into the new year and build on it. I have gotten lazy about my good habits; I know I can do better, and I know I deserve better.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:40 PM
FitDay Member

Goals
1. Drink 6 glasses of water NO
2. Eat more veggies (really slacked off at holidays so I won't put specific number) 2 veggies and one fruit, a good start
3. Eat sensibly NO--ate too much
4. Exercise 3X

Too many carbs yesterday but I will try to aim lower today.

Got a new e-reader for Christmas so I'm going to see if there are any good cookbooks available (it's a Sony). Proud of myself for figuring out how to use it on my own!

Jenn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.