Notices

Diabetics?

Old 12-30-2012, 10:30 AM
FitDay Member

Default Diabetics?

Hi, I'm new here, and was wondering if this program can be used for diabetics? I see no categories for that, for using the logs. Does anyone know of a program like this for diabetics, that will keep track of what you eat, and how to plan meals?
Old 12-30-2012, 01:43 PM
FitDay Member

There are diabetic websites with meal plans. They will give you total carbs for each meal but they don't break down calories, protein etc.

I'm diabetic and I found this site very useful. It does take a while to figure out what is a good day meal wise--what comes in the allotted carbs. Reading labels helps.
Jennifer
Old 12-31-2012, 04:44 AM
FitDay Member

I too am diabetic, and have been using this site for a year. My diabetic educator was the one who told me about this site. It has helped me in maintaining my weight loss, and keeping an eye on my daily total goals for carbs, calories, fat, sodium.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:17 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I'm newly diagnosed (Sep) type 2. I bought the annual plan of FitDay and log my food religiously. It lets me see my grams of carbs for each item. I just add them up to ensure I'm within the range my dietitian recommended for each meal. I double check by reading labels. I'm numbers oriented and this works better for me than visualizing portions. For many, that's the easiest way to go.

Also, track my calories and have gone from 180 lbs to 158 since September. That's been a big plus for my blood pressure and cholesterol. Probably also helps my glucose numbers. Doctor has indicated I may be able to stop taking my medication for diabetes after next blood work in February.

Last edited by sloaneart; 01-01-2013 at 10:22 AM. Reason: more to say