View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 05:28 PM   #47 (permalink)
cjohnson728
Super Moderator

Hi all, I'm back, hopefully for good.

This past month really socked it to me, work-wise, and then all the dominoes fell with respect to everything else. The week before Christmas I was sleeping about 4 hours a night and I did nothing but put out the biggest fire at the time, so posting and logging dropped off. Choices weren't great, but I'm turning them around as of today. My son just had his wisdom teeth out this AM, so for the past week or so we've been on a tour of his favorite foods, both out and homemade. But that is behind me now and I'm trying to regroup mentally and physically. I am so glad you all are here and I give you major kudos for keeping up with it over the holiday.

Hope, I want to give you a hug after that post about your DD. It is so hard to feel helpless as a mom, and we wish we could give them our knowledge without them having to learn the hard way, but it doesn't always work. I think you have done everything you could, though...you are there with knowledge and help if she needs it, but you can't do it for her and you can't push her, either, or it very well may have a worse outcome. Just as we all come to the decision to make changes on our own, so will she.

Going to run to the pharmacy to pick up the happy drugs for the boy; I'll catch up with the rest of you soon. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday, whichever one you celebrated!

And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good.
-John Steinbeck
cjohnson728 is offline   Reply With Quote