Notices

Motivational for 12/24/12-12/30/12: Anybody?

Old 12-24-2012, 02:34 AM
FitDay Member

Default Motivational for 12/24/12-12/30/12: Anybody?

Goals:
1) plan meals
2) stick close to plan
3) stretch
4) drink more water
5) remain positive

OK so is this just crazy? Will I be the only one? Please join me!
Old 12-24-2012, 03:01 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Goals:
1) plan meals
2) stick close to plan
3) stretch
4) drink more water
5) remain positive

OK so is this just crazy? Will I be the only one? Please join me!
I am in for sure. I just started fitday a couple of weeks ago and I don't want to abandon it even though it's holiday season!

I just finished a walk in the woods with the dog, on snow and ice and hills. It was invigorating. I do yoga daily anyway so will do that soon.

Trying to keep to low cal meal plan?! and away from treats.

I have to go to work for a little while.......but make sure that I have eaten.

Robin
Old 12-24-2012, 03:17 AM
FitDay Member

Robin, so glad you're in!!! Yeah I don't want to give up my goals for the holidays either so let's motivate each other.

Anyone want to join us???
Old 12-24-2012, 04:39 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Hope! Welcome Robin!

My goals for this week:

Spend every possible minute enjoying time with family and friends.
Watch DS (3yo) savor his first memorable Christmas (up till this year he has not had a clue).
Don't stress that I did not do enough.
Don't touch the tree - it is so dry will surely fall apart.
Practice with my new camera ahead of time so that not all pictures will be blurry (aka last year) .
Focus on drinking lots of water.
Pump up the veggies.
Limit goodies as much as humanly possible...
Don't imbibe too much Christmas cheer

I am at work today for a while. It is a ghost town here... YAY! I get tons done when it is super quiet. I also got motivated to do jumping jacks at work. Every time I go to the restroom I plan to do 20 jumping jacks - nobody around so why not get in a little cardio?!

Merry Christmas everyone!
Old 12-24-2012, 05:24 AM
FitDay Member

Ok, I'm in. Faded off the end of last week because it got hectic, but I'll at least list some goals for this week.
  • Enjoy time with his family.
  • Cholesterol Average < 250 / day. (I did good on this one last week. Yeah! It will be much harder this week.)
  • Exercise < 40 mins x 2.
  • Be especially grateful for small favors.
Merry Christmas!

- Donna
Old 12-24-2012, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks Hope and everyone else for staying strong. I just waned to peek in to tell me favorite group of people Merry Christmas. I hope everyone has a wonder day tomorrow, even if you don't celebrate it. I think I'll be back on the wagon come January 1st. It may be sooner though.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:18 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Hope, Ama and Donna. A small and mighty support group for the holidays, I love it.

I had a quiet day at work also. Even got into a small session at the gym before it closed. Had some cookies tonight though...did not do good with temptation staring me in the face!

My big challenge tomorrow relates to cooking a big Christmas dinner. The cooking will be fine. It's the eating that worries me. I guess my goal is to enjoy the meal while keeping the portions small/cals down.

I have received some "treat" gifts. Chocolates. etc. I am doing my best to give them away. No one in my house eats chocolate so if I don't give them away I will be tempted. I feel guilty about giving away these gifts. Why does everyone want to give me food lol.

Robin
Old 12-25-2012, 01:36 AM
FitDay Member

Robin, I am with you. I gained four pounds from goody baskets. Homemade caramel popcorn... WHY? WHY????.., brie...crackers... I ate two whole packs of wasabi rice crisps in two days by myself...WHY???? I am sure I am going to shed them though today will be hard, not gonna lie. I love that; a small and mighty support group. Yeah baby! We're still here!!!

Ama, I love your goals and your office cardio. That's how you do it!!! (I had such a group picture in my head of you running doing jumping jacks.)

Donna, happy happy holidays to you and yours. So glad you're part of our little FD family.

Mike, what are you talking `bout, January 1st? I'm giving you one day (Christmas) OK two (including New Years Eve) then I expect you back here. Since you and Mern have not been here so much lately I'm gonna have to be the tough one. Don't make me borrow that whip LOL!!! Oh that's kind of rough talk on Christmas. Happy holidays, honey, but we expect you back here asap.

Last edited by canary52; 12-25-2012 at 01:45 AM.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:39 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) plan meals: Yeah
2) stick close to plan: HA! HAHA! Nooooo
3) stretch: yes
4) drink more water: yes
5) remain positive: trying...
Old 12-25-2012, 01:42 AM
FitDay Member

Food plan haha
Breakfast:
eggs and bacon or ham
Lunch
chicken and veg wrap
Dinner
Asian food, not gonna lie unless I'm "good" and do seafood
Snacks:
Popcorn
100 calorie pack of nuts
fruit - clementines, apple
sf cookie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.