View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 11:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
jonr71
FitDay Member

Tip 1: Stay off the Guiness!

OK.. Welcome to the wonderful world of getting slimmer, healthier and happier.

Tip 2: Start as you mean to go on: No cutting corners, no excuses.

Tip 3: As you start to understand your calories in and out, make a plan. Make the plan achievable and set yourself intermediate goals you can start to hit soon. Regular success really keeps up the motivation.

Tip 4: Tell people about what you are doing. Allow them to be involved. It helps when you are out with friends of eating at their house that they understand why you want a smaller portion or no fat, or why you are drinking water instead of wine (or guiness..).

Tip 5: Keep in your head a picture of what life will be like when you have reached your goal. Make that picture come alive: How will it change how you feel, how you look, how others perceive you and how it will mean a long healthy life. The more real you can make it the better. I go to bed at night and think about all these things as I drift off to sleep. They are all very real to me.

Tip 6: Remember that this is not a "diet", its a lifestyle choice. It is not temporary (otherwise it's pointless) so treat it like going back to school. The first few months are like re-learning about health and fitness - as time goes on much of it will become as automatic as your current lifestyle, just more beneficial to you.

Keep researching what really works for people. There are so many fad diets that breed excuses and denial. Eat less, move about more and with a bit of determination you will see the results you want.

Starting wieght 195.4lbs
Starting Body Fat 27.1%
Starting BMI 27.2

Target Weight 170
Target Body fat <19%
Target BMI 24

As of May 12th

Weight: 178 (Total lost 17.4 ,Loss this week 2.0 )
Fat %: 22.3
BMI: 24.8
jonr71 is offline   Reply With Quote