View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 02:08 PM   #495 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Whatever you can find time to do, is the best. I didnt stick to one particular thing, it all depended on where I was, that decided it for me. I say to start, walk walk walk as much as possible. when my boys have outdoor soccer practices, sometimes I walk or try and run/walk intermittent while practice is going on. One of them would practice with a walking track looping around his field. Kinda hard not to take advantage of that! The other boy's practice was at a high school, where there is a football field and bleachers. Sometimes, I would rollerblade around the football field, or climb up and down the bleacher steps until I couldnt stand it any more. And yes, some days I just sat there in my lawnchair, soaking up the sun with the ladies!! In the summer I love to bikeride so I would take my then 10 yr old and ride a nice 7 mile loop with him. I've got a kettlebell DVD, so sometimes I do that (which is a killer workout, by the way!) Or, on the rare occasions that nothing is going on, I try to make it to my local gym after the kids are in bed to do elliptical and rowing, and a couple machines. I am on a ladies volleyball team, so in the winter I can count on 1 hr a week of workout this way too.

I like your idea of a small goal. 20 minutes of walking after dinner every other night for a week. See if you kept to it. If the weather wont cooperate, go to a mall, and do laps there. Next week, set it a little higher, and go from there.

For me, just moving around in some capacity works. I change it up all the time so it never gets boring. But because it isnt a routine, it is easy for me to blow it off, there is no accountability in doing whatever you can do, whenever you can do it - - its too easy to let life get in the way. Which is why I am still a few pounds STILL away from my goal! LOL
Chris S.
Insulin dependent diabetic since early 2011
Start wt. 171. (dec 2011)
Current wt 143 lbs.
Goal wt. 140 lbs
jonjaxmom is offline   Reply With Quote