View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 03:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Ninykinin
FitDay Member

Arrow Buffering the hunger pains

Hey guys, I discovered this little tip while doing the $2 a day fundraiser a few years go. To help tackle hunger pains, without eating, you can drink a big warm glass of water. It'll help with making you feel full, and I recommend doing it before eating as well, as it is a massive help with making the transition to smaller portions easier.

On a different note, there is a very good chance that I have hyperglycemia- Which complicates things a bit for me (and also means the warm water trick doesn't tackle my major concern) . If I don't eat, I get shakey, dizzy and it can lead to a whole load of health problems later on. Lately I've been having a lot of Low GI foods, high fiber, some fruit and meat. But nothing seems to help with the dizzyness more than a big salty greasy meal, such as pizza. Or something very sugary for stopping the dizziness in the short-term.
I've found that I am very lethargic and often shaky between meals when I'm eating well- Yogurt, oats, lean red meat, chicken, salads, veggies, loads of water.

Any tips? I've been eating healthily for around 4 months now, and I expected my body just needed to get used to the diet change, but this hasn't happened.

Last edited by Ninykinin; 12-19-2012 at 03:58 AM.
Ninykinin is offline   Reply With Quote