Notices

yikes!

Old 12-13-2012, 07:55 AM
FitDay Member

Default yikes!

Hello I am new...just had a huge wake up call today,,,diagnosed with Pre-diabetes and my doctor wants me to go on Metformin...I feel this is MY fault and need to get my butt in gear...need to lose about 60 pounds and get on an exercise plan... I remembered this site and started today. Help me stay on this plan.. I am stubborn and really don't want to take meds when I think getting this weight off will make all the difference. Can anyone relate? Thanks for your input!
Old 12-13-2012, 08:03 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome! I think the fact that you are now having to go on medication is cause enough to get back into the game! Good for you taking those steps, that's awesome!

I don't have diabetes; but my mom did and I saw what she had to deal with; so I understand. I think you got some good goals; get off the meds and loose some weight (fat) and be healthier in general. I lost 125lb's by using this site so if you stick with it and record everything like you should I don't see why you wont be making wicked progress.

Good luck and wish you all the best!

Last edited by raresolid; 12-14-2012 at 07:29 AM.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:07 AM
FitDay Member

wow that is awesome that you lost so much weight! Thanks for the reply...I think this website is going be be very helpful!
Old 12-13-2012, 11:00 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by bojocl
wow that is awesome that you lost so much weight! Thanks for the reply...I think this website is going be be very helpful!
I just joined also and am pretty excited about what I have seen so far. It is really nice to read the success stories. I think it's awesome that you are changing your lifestyle in order to avoid/reduce the possibility of medication.

So far the logs seem to be very helpful. And the forum support.