Notices

suggestion...

Old 12-11-2012, 01:47 PM
FitDay Member

Question suggestion...

Hi, I am rather new here, however, I have a suggestion. In the area that we edit our mood, it has a slider for health. I wish there was one for Pain. Top of slider would be PAIN FREE and bottom would be (something like) EXTREME PAIN. Right now I mark this in the health slider...which makes it look like I am sick...I am not sick...I have chronic pain. Some days are better than others.
Thank you,
Renee Kimble
Old 12-13-2012, 07:36 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I see where you are going with this, but pain if your weight lifting is actually pretty common and a normal response to the workouts and in my opinion I don't think putting this option would be very beneficial for those people pushing themselves hard.

The fact that it is chronic pain for you would mean that most days you would have the slider at "pain" which is kind of pointless because you already know you have chronic pain.

And if you have pain that is not of the chronic type, or from sore muscles from working out then you should probably stop working out and figure out the source of your pain before you run into more health issues.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:43 AM
FitDay Member

Default My thought exactly.

I, too, wish to monitor pain. Not from working out; pain from fibromyalgia. I would like to see if there are cycles to my pain. Also, I fully expect much of my pain to decline as I carry less weight.

I know I can monitor this elsewhere, or on my own, but I do like your suggestion to add it to the things we can track here.