View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 05:06 PM   #20 (permalink)
blackrhino2
FitDay Member

i was 150 at my highest point and joined Weight Watchers with my mom during the summer before my senior year of college. I LOVED the meetings. I had such a fantastic leader. She made everything so easy to follow and i lost all the weight I wanted to lose. Then she had to quit bc WW refused to continue paying for her health benefits. Ever since then I have had a really hard time finding as good of a leader. For me the meetings make all the difference. It is a weekly checkpoint that really keeps me accountable. The support from the other members (if you have a friendly group) makes it incredibly valuable and humorous.

I recently joined Fitday.com and I love it! The people here seem to be amazing even tho I don't ever get to talk to them face-to-face. I think that this has replaced a lot of my need for having an inspirational leader because I have all of you!

Also, on Fitday.com I can eat more. I was down to only 18 points a day and I was gaining weight. I'm pretty sure this is bc I was not eating enough, mixed with eating crap at my boyfriend's apt. on the weekends. This program allows me a lot more daily calories which so far is working in my favor. I am aiming for around 1100 cals a day, a few hundred less than the "sedentary" calorie budget for my height and weight. I'm much more aware of carbs from fruits and veggies due to entering all my food into fitday rather than just using the WW points system. I also try to eat more fat now--all from healthy sources.

All in all I'd say that the combo is great for me. I don't own a scale so I go to the meetings for weekly weigh-ins. If I wasn't a Lifetime member (free) then I'm not sure I'd still go.

current weight: 125.6 on April 13, 2011
goal weight: 120.6 in 6 weeks

Last edited by blackrhino2; 04-25-2010 at 05:10 PM.
blackrhino2 is offline   Reply With Quote