Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
new here -- looking to lose 10 pounds >

new here -- looking to lose 10 pounds

Community
Notices

new here -- looking to lose 10 pounds

Old 04-25-2010, 01:26 AM
FitDay Member

Default new here -- looking to lose 10 pounds

Hi, I just found this place and registered yesterday. Although I am not overly overweight (by about 5-6 pounds), I am looking to lose 10 pounds. I am at 151 pounds and want to get down to 140. I also need to get toned as I have these love handles that are driving me crazy to look at. I'm not a big fan of going to the gym so I have started walking at night.

I have never had to watch my weight before but since menopause have discovered that I can gain weight . Anyway, I hope to lose these pounds by June 11 (the date of my retirement party). Hope that is not impossible!
Old 04-25-2010, 02:57 AM
FitDay Member

Hey lizzie just wanted to say good luck with your weightloss.
Before i got pregnant i worked alot and had no time to go to the gym.. that and i didnt like it lol
So i bought a walk away the pounds dvd from walmart. They work AMAZING and will only take up 20-30 minutes if you do the whole dvd.. and only 10-15 if you do half of it. They work by walking .. then slowly kicking it up so you are at a steady speed walk and each dvd has different miles you can walk
1-2 (the one i have) 3-4 and 4-5 (which i was too lazy to do lol)
Its something that i really loved especially since i didnt feel to comfortable walking alone outside (crzy ppl nowadays)
If your interested you can get it at almost any walmart or similar store in the work out area.

hope this helps
Old 04-25-2010, 10:16 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks. I may try the DVD as well. Good excuse to go to Walmart as we have a new one in town that is great for walking around. Walk the perimeter of the store twice and you've walked a couple of miles.