View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 08:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
rpmcduff
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsiminoff View Post
Hello!
I am nearing the end of week 1 here at FitDay and am already seeing how important of a tool this could be for my fitness. I just have a few questions that I was hoping some of you could answer...

1. I don't really understand the lifestyle part. I mean, at work, I am on my feet for 98% of the shift, but that is only for 8 hours of the day. The other time is usually spent not standing - therefore a different lifestyle. Is there any way to change that? I find that by saying I stand for 23 hours a day, my calories burnt number is way to high.
You can use one of the other lifestyles like 'mostly seated' or sedentary to get your BMR closer or you can Customize your metabolism from the ACTIVITIES tab (Option on the Left side).

Quote:
2. Is it just me or is pop (like Coke or 7 UP) are not options... I can't find them. I know that I should probably just not have them, but in order to be completely accurate (and honest) I can't seem to find them.
I didn't go look but I believe you can browse for Soda or Cola. You can also create a custom food by using the nutritional data off the back of the can or bottle.

Quote:
3. Is the FitDay premium really worth the upgrade? From users... I would love to hear if it is a big deal or if you can be successful without it.
Can't help with this one. I am only a free version user. Seems to be a bit of a ghost town on the forums this week. (I have been absent myself, just because of schedule and the busy time of the year.)

Male, Age 53 Height 5'-11"
Start, Spring 2009....,.. 270.0 lbs
January 21, 2010. ....,...255.0 lbs (Joined Fitday)
September 10, 2010..,..223.8 lbs. (-46.2lbs)
Mini-Goal......................225 Achieved 9/21/2012
Mini-Goal......................220 Achieved 10/26/2012
Current.........................216.2 lbs. (-53.8 lbs)
Mini-Goal.......................215
Goal..............................200

My log: http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...Owner=rpmcduff
rpmcduff is offline   Reply With Quote