Notices

Who's got just 10-15 Pounds?

Old 02-27-2012, 11:16 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Who's got just 10-15 Pounds?

Hi, does anyone else out there have just 10-15 pounds to lose? I am always highly motivated by the postings by people who have lost a ton of weight, but I was hoping to find some others in my situation. I've heard that the last 10 are the hardest to lose, so maybe some group support on this would help!

I've never been truly overweight but my weight does fluctuate up and down 5-10 pounds. The past year I haven't been at the top of my game so to speak, I've been feeling sluggish, not eating very clean, and not being consistent with my workouts. I was very sick last year and I think that set me back a bit. Plus I think I gained some "happy weight" after cuddle time with my boyfriend.

I'm trying to lose about 10 pounds before April 30 (secretly I would like to get to 118.0 before a Hawaii trip the first week of May...but the last time I weighed that I was like 15 and I'm 33 now). I've been trying to eat ~1500 calories a day and workout a few times a week but it's a busy time of year at work so hopefully this will only get better. I started seriously with my goal last week by giving up sugar completely (bad sweet tooth) and eating healthier foods and logging everything, working out with higher intensity, and focusing on rest. I already feel the difference, my body feels cleaner, but I'm worried I won't stick with it without some other encouragement. And the last 10 pounds are so hard that if you just slip a teeny bit you're right back where you started.

Who else is out there? Let's motivate each other!

-----------------
Start weight: 132.6 (2/17/12)
Current weight: 130.0 (2/26/12)
Official goal weight: 120.0 (4/30/12)
Secretly-would-love-to-be: 118.0 (5/5/12)
Old 02-28-2012, 12:39 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default me, me

I lost most of my excess weight a few years back and am now in an admittedly enviable position of not needing to lose another 10 lbs, but I would really like to. That would put me in the 120's which, like you, I haven't been anywhere near that since I was 15.

I am starting a low carb challenge to lose 10 lbs or as much weight as possible in 8 weeks. So I am right there with you! I start the challenge on Wed, and I am pretty sure that "challenge" will be the right word .
Old 02-28-2012, 01:46 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in. I lost 25 pounds last year, but unfortunately about 10 have creeped back on. I am going to be on the beach in Florida during the last week of March, so would like to be 135# or below by 3/24. I am currently 140# Sounds like it should be easy, but I'm 46 and have to work for every pound lost. I've been on fit-day for over a year and a hslf, but just started daily journaling again last Wednesday (Ash Wednesday). My plan is to use Lent every year to get back to where I belong (130# or below).
I jog most mornings, and do some weight training (at home, too broke for a gym).
Old 02-28-2012, 05:10 AM
FitDay Member

I'll jump in - I am nervous about spending more keyboard time, but I think this will be good for me.

Like Pam I'm more in "want to lose" than "gotta lose". I'm pretty healthy, although word on the street appears to be that thinner is better.

As of this morning, I was 157.6. I want to be 150 by my birthday, June 20. That's a little less than half a pound a week, most doable, except it's also most easy to put it back on.

I exercise vigourously most mornings, and eat pretty healthy during the week. Weekends are another matter.

Maybe it's time I put stats in my signature, I haven't been ready for that yet.

Look forward to getting to know all of you and rooting each other on!

Abby
Old 02-28-2012, 02:00 PM
FitDay Member

I'll join. I have 10lbs to go to hit my goal weight of 120. The closer you get to your goal weight the harder it seems to get the pounds to come off. So here's to saying goodbye to those final ten. Let's do this girls!!
Old 02-28-2012, 07:28 PM
FitDay Premium Member

kimbur96 we are the same height, same weight, same goal weight, and from your pics we have the exact same build! what's your strategy to take it off?
Old 02-28-2012, 08:45 PM
FitDay Premium Member

i got on the scale this morning and was the exact same weight i was almost a week ago, despite several trips to the gym and being pretty careful about food. i feel like i'm going to need a miracle to get the numbers to start moving...yes, i'm seeing a little bit of improvement in the mirror and i know the whole "it's muscle weight" argument but i just want to see that number go down (ok maybe it's a bit of vanity but still, i'm working hard here!!!). grrr!

anyway, i'm glad we've got a support group going, i know that will keep me inspired!

my next mini-goal - 129.0 by 3/5/12
Old 02-28-2012, 11:14 PM
FitDay Member

Must be the scales - I weighed in at 140.4# this morning, even though I increased exercise and decreased food over the past week. Telling myself "My muscles are retaining fluid as they recover from working out" helps, but it would be nice to see the scale moving downward. I know it'll happen, and that regardless of what the number says I'll feel better in my bathing suit knowing that I put the workouts in. Still feeling pretty motivated.
How about making Wednesdays our official weigh-in day?
Glad to see we've got a nice group of women with similar goals!
Keep checking in everyone!
Old 02-28-2012, 11:31 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by sjpisjabba
kimbur96 we are the same height, same weight, same goal weight, and from your pics we have the exact same build! what's your strategy to take it off?
I'm eating 900-1100 calories of food a day. Lots of protein, more than 30% protein would like to be closer to 50%. Whole grains i.e. ww bread, ww pasta, brown rice. I have eliminated white flour pretty much. Fresh fruit. Veggies are my sore spot. I just don't like many vegetables. I drink 80+ oz water daily. Little to no caffeine. My work out goal is 5 x week for weights followed by 30-60 minutes of cardio.

I was stuck at 132 for almost 3 weeks. I know how frustrating it can be when the scale won't budge. Crazy thing is my clothes were loser, I could tell that but some how I wanted/needed the validation of the scale moving. I had my body fat tested and it too had dropped. That really encouraged me and then FINALLY the scale dropped a pound, then another pound in the same week and now i am holding again at 130. Been here a few days but I am ok with that. It seems to be the way i loose. Not to mention we have to deal with TOTM and fluid we hold which can make the scale even tougher at times to move.

Hang in there. And I know it's hard for all of us but look at the way your clothes are fitting, look at your self changing in the mirror. It's much more accurate than the scale. Eventually the scale will move too.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:21 AM
FitDay Premium Member

i love the idea of wednesday being our official weigh in day!

thanks for the encouragement, actually looking forward to getting on the treadmill tonight...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.