View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 11:48 PM   #44 (permalink)
Mern
FitDay Member

Huge hugs to all who are going through health and emotional issues in addition to the struggle to stick with food and exercise goals.

Hope, thanks. It did really hit me that in straying from my diet I was neglecting my health. And I did come back here for motivation. I had a whip that I often threatened to use on Mike, but anyone could take it away from me and use it on me. LOL

Ama, thanks for your encouragement. On my crawling back--you know me pretty well already--I really am more of a stomper, crediting myself with stubbornly refusing to give up. LOL My doc and I really do make a good team--she's so supportive and actually invites me to email her with questions and updates between visits. I dropped two previous doctors who didn't have enough faith in me or didn't want to take the time to help me manage my pre-diabetes without medication. I know how lucky I am to have found her and wish all of you the same support from your own health care professionals.

Donna, here's what I've found on metabolism boosting foods so far. There must be more--I need to do more web surfing.

WHEY PROTEIN POWDER
ALMONDS
NATURAL YOGURT
GREEN TEA
SPINACH
EGGS
TURKEY
CHICKEN BREAST
PEANUT BUTTER
EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
VERY COLD WATER because our bodies have to work harder to warm it up
VEGETABLES, ESPECIALLY HIGH FIBER ONES