One of my goals for last week was to develop some long term goals. This, as always, is very hard for me. Under self-duress, here is what I've come up with:
- Identify an ongoing, constructive use of my time by year end.
- Take an online class.
- Learn a new programming language (not necessarily using the technique described above).
- Continue to workout at least 3 times a week.
- Keep weight within 7 pounds of my current weight (up or down).
Item number one is not exactly SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Timely) and sounds more like procrastination than a goal, so I went back and added a deadline.
[No more excuses!]
- Post calories, protein
- Keep sugar and fats under control
- Ramp up my exercise routine this week, add cardio.
As motivation to ramp up my exercise, I found an old bookmark, and tried to do this 12 minute home workout:
BODYROCK.tv | Fitness Advice, Workout Videos, Health & Fitness | Bodyrock.tv
Didn't keep up with the 'rock body,' but didn't do too bad, and certainly kept my heart rate up! A bit of this and a bit of rope jumping, and I'll be over the Thanksgiving bulge in no time.