View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 04:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
nicholelakey
FitDay Member

Default New to Fitday, quick question!

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the fitday forums (I've been using fitday on and off for a few years, but have never been dedicated to losing weight before). I currently weigh in at 208 pounds and am in my mid-twenties. I have gained 70 pounds in the past 7 years through a combination of eating too much unhealthy food, drinking too much soda, and not exercising adequately. In high school, I weighed 140, which is in the healthy weight range for my height (5'3"), and that's my eventual goal. I'm considering getting pregnant in the next few years and want to reduce my risks of complications due to weight and to just have a health pregnancy in general. My question is, how often do you ladies weigh yourselves? I find myself wanting to weigh daily, but my weight appears to vary by several pounds depending on how much salt I had the previous day,and where I'm at in my cycle. I find it kind of discouraging. For example, Saturday morning I weighed in at 208, but this morning I weighed in at 209. I'm currently eating about 1,800 calories a day, but may reduce that if I'm not losing on it. Is weighing weekly enough? Biweekly? Should I avoid weighing the week before and the week of my period? What works for other women?
nicholelakey is offline   Reply With Quote