View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 03:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Hi Animegirl

I never thought I would be so close to my goal! I think back to what kept me motivated, and it was pure and simple. I just needed to be honest with myself. As long as I WAS being TOTALLY HONEST, then I knew I could not go wrong. I didn't let the little guy on my shoulder talk me into things that I knew were incorrect.

How I find the energy to do what I need to do is to make it as simple as I can. For home cooked food it is relatively simple, when you DO cook, cook twice as much, pack up half, you now have meal #2, or if you cook enough for 4 meals, then more power to you. I don't make convenience food, it lacks flavor. As does sugar free food. I go full fat (except in dairy I use/drink 2% milk and light sour cream) , full calorie, why, it has more flavor, then weigh/measure/log my portions. I rarely eat in restaurants, too many hidden calories & salt.

Also, Something I found helpful to me, was to not get hung up on the numbers on the scale. I know, a weird thing. I found my weight fluctuates in a range of 1-3 pounds a week, I weigh every day. So with Fitday, it allows me to log my weight every day and see the fluctuations. I just see a zig zag in a steadily downward direction. And I can look back and it shows 4 months ago my average weight was heavier than my weight today.

As you see I have only 2 more pounds to go. I have been at this for a little over 3 years, losing slowly and not gaining anything back. Cutting back on certain foods, adding others, increasing exercise, etc. It's a delicate balance! I look forward to finding out what tweak I need to do to get rid of these last two pounds! (this week my main focus was to be very mindful of my eating.)
Weight loss of 52 pounds
frenchhen3 is offline   Reply With Quote