View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 03:56 PM   #67 (permalink)
dmartz
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 View Post
Here's my suggestion... quit doing [push-ups] how you are doing them. That was easy, huh? No, seriously, the only what you are going to get better at them is to get stronger. The only way to get stronger is to work the muscles. You probably aren't working the muscle much doing one every now and then. I would either go back to your knees and crank them out until you can't do one more, [...] I would also not do them every day, assuming you are cranking them out and wearing the muscle down. Give yourself a day between to let the muscle recover. Then the next day 20 (or however many) more. It's okay to do multiple sets on the days you do them, but give them a day to heal. [...]
That should get you were you want to be before the next year passes you by!
Thanks for the great suggestion(s). That really should work. Thing is, I can do three sets of 20 on my knees. I can do them in really good form, too. My wrists give out long before my shoulders or back does. Can't do them on my toes, though. I just don't get it, but it is what it is, I guess. I try to work on upper body w/TRX twice a week, (emphasis on try ... ) I'm sure I'll get there eventually, but it's taking a lot longer than I thought it would.

I'll add that I'm not discouraged that it's easier for my man, rather that I saw this as a challenge. One I'm just not doing too well at.

- Donna
dmartz is offline   Reply With Quote