View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 12:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
lcriswell0421
FitDay Member

I probably don't have the answer you are looking for, but for me it's an ongoing process, an everyday one-day-at-a-time thing. Some days I do well and hit my daily goals, and other days I slip a little. One thing that has kept me going is to not look at the big picture because it is too overwhelming. I make mini goals of usually 10 lbs and that's what I focus on. I rarely look at myself in the mirror, because even though I've lost almost 50 lbs, to me I look the same and that gets to be a bummer. But I know there is a difference because I'm wearing smaller clothes. Anyhow, I was invited to join the women's 7 Day Motivational thread here in the women's forum. You can jump in any time, and a new thread starts each Monday. I have found that group of women (and a few men) to be very encouraging, and it's given me a boost.

I still have a problem with the whole exercise thing myself. As for cooking, even though most of the meals I make are healthier, I refuse to cook anything that is too time consuming. I just don't have the time or energy to go gourmet. My family loves my cooking, and if you look around (I find a lot of things on dLife) you can find lots of healthy recipes that don't take very long to make. Also, I love my crock pot! Put everything in early, let it do it's thing, and there is an amazing dinner magically there in a few hours.

Keep coming back to the boards here. There are a lot of people who can give motivation and encouragement. You can do it!

Re-Starting weight 7/26/13: 277
Mini goal: 270 by 8/23/13
Goal weight: 130ish by 12/25/2014
lcriswell0421 is offline   Reply With Quote